Ross Nissan of El Monte
Job Title: Office Manager
Department: Business Office
Reports To: Controller/Business Manager
Processes and generates financial data for all dealership departments, which together represent the accurate financial condition of the business. Provides accurate reporting to the dealer/general manager and is responsible for accounting office and administrative functions.
· Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists with hiring, training, and supervision of office personnel.
· Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures.
· Assists Controller in preparing a complete financial statement monthly according to dealership guidelines and the manufacturer's format and time frame.
· Reviews and controls posted documents, including time records, vehicle deals, commissions, and additions and changes to inventory.
· Reconciles select accounts monthly.
· Recommends adjustments to inventory and receivable accounts.
· Ensures that all manufacturer accounts including warranty claims, rebates, interest, protection, and co-op advertising accounts are current and accurate.
· Prints monthly journals, schedules, and general ledger. Closes month by processing accounting month-end.
· Participates in the preparation of short- and long-term forecasts.
· Assists in completion of annual review/audit.
· Ensures compliance with all government regulations.
· Stays abreast of current factory incentives and codes deliveries on dealership computer system accordingly.
· Administers charge-back program for late charges to inventory.
· Approves new charge accounts and oversees collection of past due accounts.
· Compiles information and prepares reports as requested by management and/or dealer principal.
· Cross-trains a qualified substitute.
· Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Attends managers meetings as requested.
· Maintains a neat work area.
· Immediately report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees, or customers.
· Complete all required certification courses respective to position.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license and immediately inform management of any changes in its status.
· Maintain a professional appearance. ie: a high level of personal grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.