Ross Nissan of El Monte
Service Technician- Class B
Job Title: General Service Technician – B Class
Reports To: Service Manager or above
Functions as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair, and who has previously worked as a C Class general service technician.
- Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Actively pursue next certification level with manufacturer.
- Actively pursues Automotive related ASE certifications.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Keeps up to date using manufacturer computer programs as well as Dealer DMS
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean, mandatory cleaning and mopping of stall at end of each shift.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Immediately report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees, or customers.
- Comply with all company policies as required. ie: Meal and rest period policy, timekeeping, etc. Please refer to the Employee Handbook for further detail.
- Complete all required HR training modules in KPA
- Complete all required certification courses respective to position.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and immediately inform management of any changes in its status.
- Maintain a professional appearance. ie: a high level of personal grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance. See Employee Handbook for more detail.
Marginal Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Brakes Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Engine Performance Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Engine Repair Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Heating and Air Conditioning Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Manual Drive Train and Axle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Suspension and Steering Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Advanced Series - Automobile Advanced Engine Performance Certification
- Manufacturer Training
- State Emission Certification
- Valid Driver's License, with insurable driving record is a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job , the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technology developments).
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the dealership has a similar right.