Ross Nissan of El Monte
Job Description Service Porter
Reports To: Service Manager
Verifies receipt of service vehicles brought to the dealership. Parks vehicles in the service lot in an orderly manner.
- Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains service drive and keeps in orderly fashion.
- Cleans the entire service department as needed and or requested by Mgt.
- Periodically check bathrooms for any cleaning needs.
- Assist techs with any spills that may occur
- Be attentive to customer needs that may be waiting and in need of a answered question.
- Be prepared to drive shuttle van when asked and always being polite and courteous to our customers
- Work well and get along with all other employees-respect each other
- Records the description of damages and reports to the advisor in charge.
- Parks service vehicles in assigned areas.
- Catalogs and stores keys.
- Services vehicles in storage to protect tires, battery, and finish against deterioration.
- Immediately report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees, or customers.
- Comply with all company policies as required. ie: Meal and rest period policy, timekeeping, safeguarding of customer information, etc. Please refer to the Employee Handbook for further detail.
- Complete all required HR training modules in KPA
- Complete all required certification courses respective to position.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and immediately inform management of any changes in its status.
- Maintain a professional appearance. ie: a high level of personal grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance. See Employee Handbook for more detail.
Marginal Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
- Insurable driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job , the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technology developments).