Ross Nissan of El Monte
Job Title: Sales Consultant
Sells/leases new- and used-vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Sells and delivers a minimum of 10 vehicles per month.
Make 100 phone calls per week
Maintains above average 950 KPI score
Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with dealership policies
Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up systems.
Attends product and sales training courses as requested by sales manager.
Keeps up-to-date on new products and services within the industry.
Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
Maintains a prospect development system.
Conducts business in an ethical and professional manner.
Satisfies the transportation needs of vehicle purchasers.
Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
Offers test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive.
Exhibits high level of commitment to customer satisfaction. Strives to exceed the group Customer Viewpoint score.
Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales.
Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.).
Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's service department.
Schedules first service appointment.
Follows up on all post delivery items, tag/title work, “we-owes”, and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
Logs all efforts with proper sourcing in CRM
Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
Follows the dealership’s sales process at all times:
- Clock In/Put name on sheet
- Walk lot (both)
- Team Meeting (prepare to sell)
- Go over to prospect
- Stand on point (Assistant Manager watches the point).
- Greet customer
- Qualify their wants and needs
- Find the customer a vehicle
- Do a complete walk around
- Invite customer to a test drive
- Park car back
- Get information on vehicle and trade-in
- Invite the customer into showroom to sit down
- Offer them a beverage
- Get a starting figure on trade along with credit applications, appraisal for the trade, and the offer sheet.
- Complete documents
- Present offer to desk
- Salesperson goes straight back to sit with the customer
- Assistant Manager interviews customer and confirms commitment
- Assistant Manager closes deal.
- Salesperson completes application, gets a copy of insurance, driver’s license, pay stub, physical on vehicle sold and trade in
- Salesperson goes over warranty book with customer. Introduce them to service and log their first service appointment. Must sign up every customer on One to One program. Utilize the N-Car App to demonstrate the Electronic Quick Reference Guide
- Introduce customer to the Finance Department
- Have the vehicle washed and filled with gas
- Re-greet them from Finance Department
- Go over vehicle with delivery checklist and give customer a copy
- Re-demonstrate the vehicle and re-confirm sales functions
- Assistant customer with personal belongings from trade into new vehicle
- A manager must thank the customer
- Park the vehicle trade-in in the back.
Attends sales meetings.
Immediately report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees, or customers.
Comply with all company policies as required. ie: Meal and rest period policy, timekeeping, safe guarding of customer information, etc. Please refer to the Employee Handbook for further detail.
Complete all required HR training modules Complete all required certification courses respective to position.
Maintain a valid driver’s license and vehicle sales license and immediately inform management of any changes in its status.
Maintain a professional appearance. ie: a high level of personal grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- nits of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.